First post!

A "friendly forum" for those just starting out in aquarium keeping. No question is too basic, so don't hesitate to ask!
rebecca
Guppy Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

First post!

Post by rebecca » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:39 am

So... I finally got an account that I can actually log in to!

Thought I would introduce myself to say hi to everyone =]
I have just recently become enthused by my betta fish and have started to try breeding them.

I have started microworm cultures for the fry, and I actually had a nest FULL of eggs from this beautiful male crowntail with red/black/green and a beautiful regular female that was all irridescent green. Unfortunatley someones punk ass ferret broke in to my apartment through a hole in the wall, and it got in the tank when I was gone and broke apart the entire bubble nest. I come home to being scared out of my mind by a long rodent that I have never seen before and see that all of the eggs are on the bottom of the tank and the male is hopelessly trying to put them back in a nest that isn't really there. The nest was under a styrafoam cup. I noticed late last night after I got the ferret out that he has been trying to rebuild his bubble nest. I am highly upset with what has happened. My male is fairly old for a fish and I want his genes before he passes away. I was really banking on this batch but I am hoping that some of the eggs are okay and that they didn't go bad from being on the bottom for a night.
A few are swimming but not many out of the hundred eggs.
/sad panda.

ANywho. I met Gerwin through paintball and he truley is a great guy. He is the most honest/helpful business man I know!

-Rebecca

guitarest
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: First post!

Post by guitarest » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:25 pm

I totally agree about Gerwin; for sure.