Ok if it was a snake I would have been bitten

A "friendly forum" for those just starting out in aquarium keeping. No question is too basic, so don't hesitate to ask!
guitarest
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Ok if it was a snake I would have been bitten

Post by guitarest » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:13 pm

But for the life of me I can not locate the thread about getting together as a group. Was it moved, renamed or am I just blind. I would love to meet everyone here even on just a single basis to pick your brains to get my tank to be a better environment for the fish. They are still alive and the Bull Minnows are breeding but I know with what knowledge most of you have I could have a tank that would be 200% better. And I did rehome most of the smaller fish and crabs..... lol

So is any one up to the task? I don't drink beer but would gladly pick up a 6 pack for some advice at my place. Or meet in a common place etc....

phisher
Discus Member

Re: Ok if it was a snake I would have been bitten

Post by phisher » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:02 pm

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:38 pm

everyday at the store we give away free advice for 6 hours :) come by anytime....but if I give advice I expect it followed.
If more folks would just do what I tell them we would have happy fish all over the coast :wink:

My Store Motto is " Saving Fish, One customer at a time" , forums are great to get ideas and second opinions but ultimately you must pick ONE persons thoughts and stick with it or you are doomed to confusion< not failure just confusion. And that is my opinion and mine alone.

Many would argue this I am sure but not many have stood on one floor and done one thing for over 3.5 DECADES< not years,decades, so without wanting to appear cocky, I am pretty sure I can give my thoughts with some bit of expertise :)

ReneM
Discus Member

Post by ReneM » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:16 am

Nah not cocky.... It's aggravating when you have extensive experience in an area and people ignore the advice THEY asked for! Been there (not with SW fish tho lol)... and I imagine with you doing it six hours a day, it can get annoying. I know you must love what you do! Just keep in mind that people do what people want to do, period - and never forget there are people who are listening, and that you help tremendously :)

You are also so right on there being so many ways to do things, and needing to find one and stick to it. Before I found your store and this site I joined about six SW/Reef sites... and was starting to get really confused. Once I saw that I could get good advice rather quickly on here, well honestly I haven't been back to the others. Though I didn't know how much experience you had G, I decided I need to follow one direction, so I jumped into your tank hahaha :) My anxiety is way down now lol!

guitarest
Discus Member

Post by guitarest » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:33 am

I agree w u Rene

Gz28
Discus Member

Post by Gz28 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:45 am

I agree with gerwin, I do everything he says, 99.5% of the time, and I have no problems! and since he is so loyal to us, and gives us free advice i always try to buy things from His store. And i feel your pain with people not taking advice, the same thing used to aggervate me with my computer store, they go against your advice break it and then want you to "help" them fix it for free. LOL. It is rare to find someone who runs a business like gerwin does... just go to any of the other lfs's around and that will be immediatally apparent! LOL :-)

don
Angel Member

Post by don » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:56 pm

:thumbup:
Gerwin wrote:everyday at the store we give away free advice for 6 hours :) come by anytime....but if I give advice I expect it followed.
If more folks would just do what I tell them we would have happy fish all over the coast :wink:

My Store Motto is " Saving Fish, One customer at a time" , forums are great to get ideas and second opinions but ultimately you must pick ONE persons thoughts and stick with it or you are doomed to confusion< not failure just confusion. And that is my opinion and mine alone.

Many would argue this I am sure but not many have stood on one floor and done one thing for over 3.5 DECADES< not years,decades, so without wanting to appear cocky, I am pretty sure I can give my thoughts with some bit of expertise :)
:thumbup: i must have visited a dozen stores,just looking around and asking questions,before i made my mind up about starting a saltwater aquarium. only one realy impressed me, i revisited this place, oh once aweek for about a year, asking questions and always got the same advice, and about two years ago?became a justfish customer, and still am impressed by the service.and advice that i recieve.Thank you Gerwin and Mini me!