Georgia Aquarium

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
Zoohead
Swordtail Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Georgia Aquarium

Post by Zoohead » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:42 pm

Took a few pics yesterday. BTW thanks G for recomending the back stage tour. Was very very cool.
and now for the pics.
http://s360.photobucket.com/albums/oo42 ... 18%202010/

guitarest
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: Georgia Aquarium

Post by guitarest » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:13 am

Fantastic pictures; thank you for posting them. I was watching discovery channel about a year ago and the show was about those whale sharks being rescued and transferred to the Georgia Aq. The show was very good and it not only spoke about the fish, it went into great details about the transfer from their original location (wasn't it Japan or something like that) and Fed Ex'd to the airport and finally the tractor trailor ride from the airport to the tank. All along the transfer tanks being tested for chems and O2 levels and what was the cherry on the top was the way those whale sharks (2) were transferred from the temp tanks to the huge tank with a great big sling and cranes. If memory serves the show was that Bigger Show (don't remember the real name) and in the final minutes of the show they finally released the two new whale sharks from their quarantine tanks to the larger tanks they now live in and they photographed swimming and feeding the new whale sharks.