MY MONEY PIT THAT I LOVE SO MUCHHH

Share Photos of Your Fish and Aquariums
sweetpea355
Swordtail Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: MY MONEY PIT THAT I LOVE SO MUCHHH

Post by sweetpea355 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:25 am

As of now 2 250w halides and 2 vhos. I've had the cap for about 2years

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:49 pm

Beautiful set up!! Looks awesome!

How many Anthias do you have in there? Do you find they are constantly pestering each other? I'm thinking about adding up 10 of them to my new set up and hoping they form a shoal. Also how's the tempermant of your purple tang?

sweetpea355
Swordtail Member

Post by sweetpea355 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:56 pm

Well the male is a woman beater but the rest are laid back, and instead of an even # do odd . The purp tang is ok but him and my yellow bicker alot as of now no war wounds

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:31 pm

sweetpea355 wrote:Well the male is a woman beater but the rest are laid back, and instead of an even # do odd . The purp tang is ok but him and my yellow bicker alot as of now no war wounds
I read that if you keep 7+ the beating will balance out amongst them a little more and one is less likely to get harassed as much... I want a school effect but don't want to deal with damsel fish (blue chromis/blue green chromis) they tend to be a pain (overly aggresive) IME.

Purple tang is one of my dream fish. I'll get one after a year or so. Beautiful fish. Beautiful tank! Can't wait to get mine up and running! What kind of filtration are you using? And what lighting/lighting schedule are you using? (i'm ridiculously excited about my new build, sorry for all the questions)