My Newest Creation

Share Photos of Your Fish and Aquariums
Zoohead
Swordtail Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

My Newest Creation

Post by Zoohead » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:00 am

Thought I might drop a few pictures of my newest tank. 22 gal Zero Edge, not sure what direction im going to go with it yet. Suggestion? Clam only, Clam with some SPS, big carpet nem with a few clowns. What do yall think?

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Re: My Newest Creation

Post by Redfish » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:39 pm

I saw this post about an hour after you posted it, and have been thinking what I would do :?: if this set up were mine. Very nice 8) set up by the way. I decided I would make it a Pistol Shrimp with an attending Gobie of some sort. I always have liked the idea of having a Pistol shrimp, Gobie combo but have read the Pistol shrimp can do some damage to other critters in the tank. Don't know if thats true, just what I have read. Anyway thats my vote, seems like this would be a nice size tank for that, any bigger and you might not ever see them. As far as corals for the tank, might be a good place to put some of your SPS frags, kinda like a growout tank of sorts.

phisher
Discus Member

Post by phisher » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:56 pm

I always thought it would be cool to do an sps look down tank. Sort of like it would if you were swimming over a thick patch of reef instead of looking at it from the side like most tanks. An assortment of monti caps and other thick fast growers maybe.

C-21 USAF
Discus Member

Post by C-21 USAF » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:42 am

Phisher is thinking exactly what I am....

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:18 am

what kind of lights?

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:29 pm

I like the idea of a look down tank also, that is a good idea, but if you already have an SPS tank like Zoohead does, I think, why have another SPS tank, try something differant. Just my thoughts.