Parrot/Pleco Bromance.... can anyone relate?

Freshwater Tropical Fish & Plants Discussion
ReneM
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Parrot/Pleco Bromance.... can anyone relate?

Post by ReneM » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:24 am

I described this to Gerwin Monday and he looked at me like I was nuts... and I WILL get this on video somehow to prove this is what's happening. In the meantime, have any of you had this happen?

I have a 6-7" pleco in a tank with about a 5" blood parrot. For the last month or so, the parrot has taken a liking to the pleco. This is not fighting. About once or twice a day he will start nudging at the pleco's nose, gently, until the pleco comes out into the open. Once there, the parrot with position himself so that his nose is right over the plecos mouth. They will float/swim there for about a minute, the pleco steadily sucking on the parrots nose and mouth. Finally the pleco will start to swim away and the parrot will pursue him, gently nudging him to do it again. If, after several attempts the pleco doesn't return, the parrot will get more insistant and sometimes does nudge him hard once or twice. If that doesn't work, he will give up... until the next day lol

I can't see anything really on the parrot, although I thought he had a tiny bit of "snot" after yesterday's "dance".... but that's a first and this is as I said ongoing more than a month.

Any thoughts or ideas on this?
Thanks

Rene

Gz28
Discus Member

Re: Parrot/Pleco Bromance.... can anyone relate?

Post by Gz28 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:05 am

I dont know but i cant wait to see the video :-)

goalk33p3r
Discus Member

Re: Parrot/Pleco Bromance.... can anyone relate?

Post by goalk33p3r » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:09 am

wow really neat thing deff. got to see this video