A Bit of a Rant

Share Photos of Your Fish and Aquariums
Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

A Bit of a Rant

Post by Redfish » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:30 am

Seems like every time I go to our favorite store there is always somebody getting :clap: a new tank, I have seen some really big ones coming in and a bunch of smaller ones. To me, it seems like only a few people are posting pics of their tanks, take alittle time and post some pics for us here. Rant over 8)

Gz28
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: A Bit of a Rant

Post by Gz28 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:15 am

Thats probabally because its such a PITA. to figure out how to post pics on here! :-) I am guilty of not posting pics or putting it off because it so aggervateing to post on here. Of course i do spend alot of time fixing computers and networks so messing around with posting a pic Or making a slideshow when it should be simple is on the bottom of the list of things i want to do. as they say "a painter lives in an unpainted house". I wonder if there is anything in google's shared apps "code" that could make it an easier process?

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:25 pm

Posting pics is easyyyy, open a Photo Bucket account ( its free 8) ) Up load your pics there, cut and paste the number of the pic from Photo Bucket to FishyStuff, done, nothing to it.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:16 pm

Redfish wrote:Posting pics is easyyyy, open a Photo Bucket account ( its free 8) ) Up load your pics there, cut and paste the number of the pic from Photo Bucket to FishyStuff, done, nothing to it.
Redfish is right, I got a picturetrail account and its EASY!! even 2 none computer guys like Pete and I can do it!

Gz28
Discus Member

Post by Gz28 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:20 am

Ok ill give photo bucket a try. thanks.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:02 pm

Two things that will help you out. After you up load the pic to Photo Bucket, you will have (I think) four codes under the pic. I alway use the third one down, the codes are for picture sizes. After you have the pics down loaded, and say you sign out of PB and then go back in, the pics will be there but the codes won't be, I have found to get the codes back, I just down load another pic, some times this will bring the codes back, you have to play with it to get the codes back if you want to post into another forum. I am sure there is a better way to get the codes back, I just haven't figured it out yet. Hopefully GZ will become an expert at it and give us the answer to this.

Sucker_fish
Swordtail Member

Post by Sucker_fish » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:13 am

If you open your photobucket files and click on the picture you want to post so it shows the picture in the large form instead of the thumbnail picture it will show the links over on the left side of the screen, copy and paste third link into post as image and its done. Hope this helps.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:50 am

Thanks for that bit of info :clap: I knewwwww there had to be a better way, than the way I was doing it. :lol: :lol: