Turning the Corner

Tanks, Filtration, & Lighting Discussion
Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Turning the Corner

Post by Redfish » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:32 pm

My tank has started turning the corner :clap: for me as I have started seeing a fewwww baby zoas popping up in my tank. My oldest frag of zoas still has only 8 polyps, so I can't say I have turned the corner until I see a 9th polyp on that frag. I think that the tank being alot more stable lately has alot to do with the way things are going for me. Seemed that I was tearing the tank apart every month to either catch an unwanted fish in the tank, the dosing pumps dosing 50g :lol: of two part into the tank or a long list of a few other things. Anyway, its good news for me and we will see if the good luck continues.

don
Angel Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: Turning the Corner

Post by don » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:33 pm

:) congrats,on the tank. my oldest zoas still havent done much either, but some new zoas that i got from Sandy have taken off, dont understand why, but am happy too see something doing well,must be doing something right? lol

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Re: Turning the Corner

Post by Sandy » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:53 pm

Pete,
I think your tank looks GREAT! I am glad you are getting things the way you like it. Give it time and your stuff will be growing like weeds. :mrgreen: