UV Sterilization

Tanks, Filtration, & Lighting Discussion
C-21 USAF
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

UV Sterilization

Post by C-21 USAF » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:06 am

First I should say I'm a fan of UV.

It's time to change the bulb and sleeve in my unit but before I did, I've been doing some research on possibly a better unit.

Here's the best info I've found thus far in explaining this filtration technique...enjoy!

http://www.americanaquariumproducts.com ... ation.html

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Re: UV Sterilization

Post by Redfish » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:46 am

Thanks for posting, this should be required reading for everyone with an aquarium freshwater or saltwater. I did figure out, that if I had gone to college, it would have taken me 20 years to graduate as I had to reread some sections 4 times to grasp what he was :lol: saying, a lot of info, and still need one more reread in the flow rate section . I have learned that all UV sterilizers are not created equal, and its not as easy as walking into the store and just buying what ever sterilizer happens to be on the shelf.

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: UV Sterilization

Post by Gerwin » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:46 am

very nice input, and although I may not have known all the exactness of this writers study, once again from my real world experience of 36 years with selling fish and over 20 in selling uvs and seeing the cause and effect, you can see why I recommend them, use them and have been telling everyone NOT to take them off and put them in their garage! :lol:
It was not a few days ago I told a customer when confronted with a question about UVs "what ever bad you have read or believe, does not even come close to the GOOD you will see by putting a UV on your tank"

GO (GER Out :D )