Halide light Problems

Tanks, Filtration, & Lighting Discussion
Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Halide light Problems

Post by Redfish » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:24 pm

Well, one of my Metal Halide 20K Ushio bulbs went out Wednesday, while I was at work. I had originally bought these three lights from Premium Aquatics and since all three of the bulbs needed replacing, almost two years old, I figured I would just order three new ones. I wanted to change from a 250w 20K bulb to a 250w 14K Phoenix bulb this time and Premium Aquatics doesn't sell this brand, so I ordered them from Reef Depot and they did a great job in getting the bulbs to me in 24 hours. I got the bulbs in and 2/3's of them look great, seems that it was the electronic ballast that was bad and not the bulb. I got on the phone with Josh at Premium Aquatics and it just so happens they are out of stock on the Hamilton ballast that I am needing. Anyway, he said he had a different brand of ballast in stock that he guaranteed would plug into my Hamilton lights. I ordered one and paid extra for UPS over nite Saturday delivery by noon. So I am still setting here with a 2/3 lit tank, I am running the T5 blue lights that I also have over the tank along with the Metal Halides.

onecrzymofoo
Guppy Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: Halide light Problems

Post by onecrzymofoo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:21 pm

Seems to be going around. I has one of my 250's go out monday. I have two 20k coral vue reflux and coral vue electronic ballasts. I sent the ballast back on Wendsday and still havent herd from them on a replacement. Always something