what to get

Tanks, Filtration, & Lighting Discussion
goalk33p3r
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

what to get

Post by goalk33p3r » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:47 pm

I have a ten gallon saltwater tank that i want to add maybe some coral most definite a anemone or two i asked gerwin and roger what kinda lights should i use and they told me a t8. i was reading and was wondering and should have asked them today about it but forgot. if i got a 24'' double system would that be to much for my ten gallon ? if i got it i would hang it over the tank thanks for the help

Gerwin
Discus Member

Re: what to get

Post by Gerwin » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:34 pm

goalk33p3r wrote:I have a ten gallon saltwater tank that i want to add maybe some coral most definite a anemone or two i asked gerwin and roger what kinda lights should i use and they told me a t8. i was reading and was wondering and should have asked them today about it but forgot. if i got a 24'' double system would that be to much for my ten gallon ? if i got it i would hang it over the tank thanks for the help
to clarify,
the t8 is the only lamps I have that will fit correctly over a 10 gal without hanging over the ends of the 20in tank, a t-8 power glow is 15 watts with a decent lumen output, for a anemone you should be fine maybe even some mushrooms etc, you just have to let us know were budget and functionality come together on this project and we can explain all the possibilities

bcarleton
Angel Member

Post by bcarleton » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:37 am

Hey, check out RapidLED.com Could maybe do a DIY LED for a small tank withy not too much cost.

goalk33p3r
Discus Member

Post by goalk33p3r » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:47 am

sounds good i upgraded to a 29 gallon tank from last time and i got some t5s for the mean time i either plan on doing mh or leds