Yellow Coris Wrasse

Saltwater Fish & Invertebrates Discussion
Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Yellow Coris Wrasse

Post by Redfish » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:01 am

Well, I got him put into the tank. He went straight to the bottom behind a rock, berried himself in the sand and we haven't seen him since. That was Tuesday evening, he isn't in the overflow box or the sump and isn't on the floor so we are hoping he turns up sooner or later :shock: :lol: . he has Bristle worms to be eatting :crazy:

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Re: Yellow Coris Wrasse

Post by Redfish » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:29 pm

We saw him tonight before the lights went out. He was swimming in and out of the rocks and looking good.

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by Gerwin » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:32 pm

did he have any worms in his mouth?

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:59 pm

LOL :lol: :lol:

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:25 pm

Is he still alive??? Have ya seen him lately??

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:12 am

Naw, we haven't seen except for that one time, don't know if he is alive or dead. The one time we saw him, he was swimming with no problems and looking good. I still tend to think he is alive but who knows.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:25 am

Well, he is out and about now :clap: the Yellow Tang sends him packing every chance he gets but the Wrasse is to fast for him and I am hoping the Tang will get over it with time. Haven't seen him go after any Bristle worms yet but he is always picking at the Live Rock and the sand bed. The new Arrow crab isn't doing much and just kinda stays in one place but he catches food when I feed the tank and none of the fish are messing with him. The Bicolored Blenny was going after him when we first put the crab in the tank, but I figured out it was just because the crab had settled in the tank right over the Bicolored Blennys favorite hole in the rock. I shooed the crab away from the hole and no more problems.