My new tank

A "friendly forum" for those just starting out in aquarium keeping. No question is too basic, so don't hesitate to ask!
The Langs
Swordtail Member
My SetUp: New 29 gal Saltwater Tank set up on Dec. 30 2010. Items in tank; 23 lbs of live rock, a pair of clown fish, one purple striped basslet, one Blue Damsel, one purple lobster, and one coral banded shrimp.

My new tank

Post by The Langs » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:58 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the hobby and I am anxious to learn everything I need to in order to maintain a nice healthy tank. My wife, our little boy and myself have been wanting a tank for a while now and finally got one. It's only a 29 gallon but I guess that will be good for now especially because it was given to us. The tank was set up on Jan 30, 2010 so it's now a little over two months old. We currently have 28lbs of live rock, a pair of clowns, a blue tang, a purple stripped bassellet, a blue damsel, a banded coral shrimp, a sea anemone, and a purple lobster.

I would like to say THANKS to the guys in pass road pets for all the advise and help they have given me. They were far more helpful than any other store I've been to and earned my business for ever because of that.

So I can't figure out how to upload a pic of it on here. Maybe someone could help.

goalk33p3r
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: My new tank

Post by goalk33p3r » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:11 am

welcome

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:54 am

Go to Photo Bucket, set up an account (its free) You down load your pics there and then just copy and paste the code to our web site, its easy :) Welcome FishyStuff. net

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by Gerwin » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:36 am

and earned my business for ever because of that.
:thumbup: I like those kinda praises for sure!
I use picture trail its also free and Admin likes Piccasa.

All work good , I think there is a thread with a step by step in the gallery section,
hurry up and get those pics up!

Doug
Site Admin
My SetUp: 1984: 90 gal. saltwater, O'Dell tank, Oceanic Systems cabinet stand, (2) Perfecto 48" strip lights with Vita-Lite Power Twists, Aqualogy Bio-Grade Plus Undergravel filter, (2) Hagen Aquaclear 800 power heads, Eheim 2217 canister filter with Chemi-Pure, Hawaiian Marine Angstrom 2537 UV sterilizer

Post by Doug » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:44 am

Although there is the capability to attach photos to posts-- meaning uploading them to our server-- it is highly discouraged as we really can't afford the space requirements that hundreds of photos would demand. As Ger said, I like Picasa from Google, and the forum software supports embedding slideshows from a user's account into a forum post. Other online services can be used, but you may only be able to link to photos, or add a link that will take the viewer to your photo hosting account. Whichever you choose, just give it a shot, and if it doesn't work, we'll see if we can figure out how to fix it.

The Langs
Swordtail Member
My SetUp: New 29 gal Saltwater Tank set up on Dec. 30 2010. Items in tank; 23 lbs of live rock, a pair of clown fish, one purple striped basslet, one Blue Damsel, one purple lobster, and one coral banded shrimp.

Post by The Langs » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:12 pm

Thanks for the help with the pics. So let me try this. Here's the link to some of my pics.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1169937794 ... 4/FishTank?