betta question

Freshwater Tropical Fish & Plants Discussion
Jamilw1989
Discus Member
My SetUp: Three tanks: 5 gallon used as a nursery; 10 gallon, has four small guppies and four micky mouse fish and three neons, 20 gallon, male, and female swordtail, male and female platy male guppy three baby guppies don't know what they are yet and three baby platies.

betta question

Post by Jamilw1989 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:26 pm

Hey Gerwin do you have any male betta's? I have my tester fish back in my ten gallon tank and if he lives for 72 hours then i was going to take and put a male betta in there with 10 neon's and i was wondering if you had any betta's. you are the only place i can neon's from exept petsmart :sick: walmart doesnt even know what a neon tetra is. if you do have them then i am going to have to make a trip to your store in a week or two to get them.

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: betta question

Post by Gerwin » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:13 pm

have them both

Jamilw1989
Discus Member
My SetUp: Three tanks: 5 gallon used as a nursery; 10 gallon, has four small guppies and four micky mouse fish and three neons, 20 gallon, male, and female swordtail, male and female platy male guppy three baby guppies don't know what they are yet and three baby platies.

Post by Jamilw1989 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:17 am

Ok thanks I will come get some neons from you and a corry cat after thinking about it for a while I apparently suck at keeping bettas alive so I have opted not to get one. But I would like an Angel fish instead. do you have any small ones that i could put in a ten gallon tank? I will come down there some time around the 13th of April. :-)
Just wanna see if the guppy lives that long and he does then its safe if he doesnt o well no love lost there he is a shrimp of a fish. full grown he is about the size of my pinkie finger nail. :crazy:

Tiffany
Guppy Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by Tiffany » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:35 pm

Every life should mean something even a guppy. Angelfish should be housed in nothing smaller than 30 gal if you want it to grow. They get to be 6" long and are a tall fish 8-12" depending on fin length. I suggest more neons or some rasboras for a 10 gal. Rule of thumb 1" of fish per gallon so 10 neons should put you right at that limit.
If you want bigger fish get a bigger tank.

Jamilw1989
Discus Member

Post by Jamilw1989 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:32 pm

I have housed angel fish in a ten gallon tank before it lived for 14 years in that tank with neons and sword tails. but it was small. Thats why i am looking for another small one. And the guppy is still alive so I think the water is safe for other fish.