Red Cayno Breakout

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Red Cayno Breakout

Post by Redfish » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:46 pm

Have had a Red Cayno break out in the :( tank, talked to Obewan about the problem yesterday and it was decided to buy and add another power head to the tank, I also took the power head out of my sump and added that one to the tank also, for a total of four in the tank. Gerwin also had to :? talk me into buying a product called Chemiclear, said it would clear the problem up over nite, when will I learn :crazy: to stop second guessing him. Came home from work today and the Chemiclear had turned all of the Red Cayno, brown and the new power heads had blown most of the dead cayno off of the live rock, I took a small soft tooth brush to the rest of it. I have been feeding the tank Oyster Feast and I am guessing that this may have caused the problem by over feeding, the zoas were doing great, so I figured a bit more wouldn't hurt :thumbdown: bad idea. Will be doing a water change tomorrow and am crossing my fingers that this will be the end of this problem. I have been doing a bit of web surfing on Chemclear and it seems to be a great product but may have some downsides in an SPS tank.