The new 210 gallon!

Blog the Progress of Your Aquarium
bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Re: The new 210 gallon!

Post by bluwtr » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:09 pm

Yeah, it's not but just more of a PITA because it can be a little tough sometimes geting the wire to stick. Once you do a few of them you will be fine. It is tedious but is kind of cool just the same. The heatsinks that Rapid seals are pretty damn beefy. You can always just get a small fan (cpu style) and run it to help pull heat off.

Dragont
Angel Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by Dragont » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:40 am

Scott Allen wrote:
Redfish wrote:Your going to need a tank up grade soooon, there is no room for anymore corals. :lol:
I felt like I had run out of room.. then I saw this tank! And realized.. I just need to be more creative!!
Scott your tank looks way better than that one IMO..

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:22 am

bluwtr wrote:Yeah, it's not but just more of a PITA because it can be a little tough sometimes geting the wire to stick. Once you do a few of them you will be fine. It is tedious but is kind of cool just the same. The heatsinks that Rapid seals are pretty damn beefy. You can always just get a small fan (cpu style) and run it to help pull heat off.
The XML s have already shipped. But because I'm not running them at there max (these bad boys can take 3000ma!!) and I'm only going to run them at a max of 1.3a or so, I should be fine. I will probably mount a desk fan in the canopy to blow across the heat sinks.

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:23 am

Dragont wrote:
Scott Allen wrote:
Redfish wrote:Your going to need a tank up grade soooon, there is no room for anymore corals. :lol:
I felt like I had run out of room.. then I saw this tank! And realized.. I just need to be more creative!!
Scott your tank looks way better than that one IMO..
Thanks brother!! But he did manage to fit a TON of coral in there! How's your tank looking and hows the baby coming? When are you going to come see those frags I got from you?

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:11 am

Looks like there is a potential move in my future! Got an offer on my house that I accepted and is just pending bank approval. If so, I'll be moving the current set up and myself to a temporary location and building a place. My goal dimensions for the new tank and new house???

Hmmm, all I know is it will be 4ft front to back.

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:14 pm

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:13 pm

Scott Allen wrote:Looks like there is a potential move in my future! Got an offer on my house that I accepted and is just pending bank approval. If so, I'll be moving the current set up and myself to a temporary location and building a place. My goal dimensions for the new tank and new house???

Hmmm, all I know is it will be 4ft front to back.
When the time comes for the moves, count me in :D

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Post by bluwtr » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:39 pm

As long as I'm not working and you've got beer I'll be glad to help as well!

BTW, Scott, I meant to ask you what species of snails/crabs are those that you have in your tank? I need a bunch of little guys and those seem perfect.

goalk33p3r
Discus Member

Post by goalk33p3r » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:34 am

I would also help I was not able to make it to the meet and get to see your tank in person but would not mind helping you at all and see it then

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:20 am

Ya'll are godsend I will definitely need it!! And Wes, as soon as I get confirmation of the sale, I am going to have you start on a new sump for the tank. If I have to move I can at least get a proper sump in the process! Something that can hold a little more water volume! The move is a close one for now at least. I will be moving across the parking lot to my girlfriends place.

So, last night, my ridiculous over the top side of myself went shopping online and... I got a price on a 130" x 49.5" x 31" with low iron glass on the front and one side panel with external coast to coast overflows... only a cool $6500.. not delivered :wtf:

Guess I have a lot of saving to do in the next year or so while I shop for a property! (or maybe get more reasonable about the dimensions... but what fun is that?)

bluwtr
Discus Member

Post by bluwtr » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:06 pm

Sure, be glad to. Just let me know what you may have in mind and I'll put a drawing together and see what you think.

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:11 pm

Scott Allen wrote: I got a price on a 130" x 49.5" x 31" with low iron glass on the front and one side panel with external coast to coast overflows
I saw a tank like once,,, at Marine Life,,, they had their seal display in it. :lol:

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:24 pm

Well.. My diy led project is currently at a stand still. I got to figure out exactly what's wrong and get a new multimeter. I'm stuck... I think I burned up the driver, not sure though.

But I did get some new adds!!!

Powder Blue Tang

Bangai Cardinal

Banded Pipefish and another unknown pipefish

Heniochus Butterfly Fish x2

And some corals I was able to get a decent shot of with my iphone..

A couple sponges growing on my Giant Squamosa clam

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:14 pm

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:00 am

Tank is looking very nice 8) In the second pic, below and to the right of the Powder Blue Tang, what is that fish?