the "Big Boys Toys" ENTER HERE! new deadline**

Share Photos of Your Fish and Aquariums
Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: the "Big Boys Toys" Division: tank Wars event!

Post by Gerwin » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:13 pm

you need to ask Sandy how,

I recommend everyone just do a picture trail account, its free its easy and Doug will never help us dummies understand picassa so go to something I can help you with! matter fact I boycott picasa until further notice.

Picture trail never lets me down I have no problems putting pictures from ebay to swat to fishystuff and in between but when so many people have a problem with picasa pic adding why do we even bother!
My site get it off of here and make something thats easy for everyone!!!!!!!!!!

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Post by bluwtr » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:23 am

Gerwin, what is the cut off date for pics? I wanted to take and add some tonight, but I ran out of time, and I work at the second job tomorrow night etc. Don't get me started about my upcoming weekend.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:21 pm

Gerwin wrote:you need to ask Sandy how,

I recommend everyone just do a picture trail account, its free its easy and Doug will never help us dummies understand picassa so go to something I can help you with! matter fact I boycott picasa until further notice.
This is not saying Doug is not willing to help us, I am merely stating he is busy and not always available as well as explaining to non computer savy folks like me who just can't get it to work well, not a blame as he is a long time friend and admin.

I can however because I use picture trail at least guide those who want to get some pics up on how to do it and I try and check forums every day.

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:08 pm

I am not sure how to post photos in the thread. I have only been able to figure out the slide show.

Doug
Site Admin
My SetUp: 1984: 90 gal. saltwater, O'Dell tank, Oceanic Systems cabinet stand, (2) Perfecto 48" strip lights with Vita-Lite Power Twists, Aqualogy Bio-Grade Plus Undergravel filter, (2) Hagen Aquaclear 800 power heads, Eheim 2217 canister filter with Chemi-Pure, Hawaiian Marine Angstrom 2537 UV sterilizer

Post by Doug » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:32 pm

I was made aware today that the forum was exhibiting a certain unexpected behavior when attempting to use the IMG tag to place a photo from a Picasa account album inline in a post. An error was being returned that image size information could not be obtained, and the posting would fail. It used to work just fine. I have researched this issue and installed a workaround that appears to have solved it. As before, you can right-click on a single photo when viewing it in your Picasa album, choose Copy Image Location (or similar for your particular browser), and paste it between IMG tags in your forum post. This may work for other photo hosting services as well, depending on what they allow.

I have also updated the tutorial Adding Photos To Forum Posts sticky in the Members' Aquariums Gallery forum-- which also would be a better place for these contest threads-- to better illustrate the exact procedure for putting an embedded Picasa slideshow in a post. The reason for using Picasa slideshows is it is the only photo hosting service slideshow plug-in I am aware of so-supported by this forum software.

Embedded slideshow code provided by photo hosting services directly will not work in forum posts because it is generated in HTML, which is not permitted for security reasons. HTML in a forum post could be used maliciously to harm a viewer's computer without them even clicking on anything.

Direct linking to single images on any hosting service that so allows it should work using the IMG or IMG2= tags. However, using the Picasa slideshow is preferable, since it does not force the viewer to wait for every individual photo linked inline on a single topic page to download in order to view the page.

don
Angel Member

Post by don » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:32 pm

how do you vote?

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:48 pm

I'll post a
post by date
and when it happens you will pm me and I will keep a updated tally like I did with nano wars

Doug
Site Admin
My SetUp: 1984: 90 gal. saltwater, O'Dell tank, Oceanic Systems cabinet stand, (2) Perfecto 48" strip lights with Vita-Lite Power Twists, Aqualogy Bio-Grade Plus Undergravel filter, (2) Hagen Aquaclear 800 power heads, Eheim 2217 canister filter with Chemi-Pure, Hawaiian Marine Angstrom 2537 UV sterilizer

Post by Doug » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:52 pm

don wrote:how do you vote?
If there is a cut-off date for entering, and the number of entrants is fewer than 10, a poll could be added to the first post in the thread, containing each entrant's name and short tank description. Votes could then be cast by responding to the poll, which would allow only one vote per registered user.

Dirtypirate
Guppy Member

Post by Dirtypirate » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:05 pm

ill be taking some pictures tomorrow and posting them. hmm i have to do some glass cleaning and rearranging of stuff first. im looking forward to seeing everyones tank photos.

Dragont
Angel Member

Post by Dragont » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:02 pm

Hey guys I have a few photos uploaded to photobucket but having trouble getting them on the post.
Edit: This is a link to an album, not an individual image, and will not display inline.
http://m1205.photobucket.com/albums/dra ... cumIPls%3D

Here ya go

Dragont
Angel Member

Post by Dragont » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:18 pm

Edit: This image was too large dimension-wise. Using the RIMG tag instead allowed a thumbnail link to it.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:43 am

Dirtypirate wrote:ill be taking some pictures tomorrow and posting them. hmm i have to do some glass cleaning and rearranging of stuff first. im looking forward to seeing everyones tank photos.
I know there is a ton of folks not getting off their butts for this division, so I will extend the cut off date to the end of the month to give them time to get some pics up.

Dragont
Angel Member

Re: the "Big Boys Toys" ENTER HERE!!!

Post by Dragont » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:33 pm

Hey thanks for posting my pics gerwin. Sorry about the poor quality photos. I might have to start selling some of collection and invest in a nice slr.
Well so far it looks like it's gonna be a contest between me and maybe mr noble? Sounds good to me. I wouldn't mind picking up a new $75 fish. No offense noble. I do like ur tank tho.
Tim

Dragont
Angel Member

Post by Dragont » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:38 pm

Just reread the rules let's make that a hundred dollar fish!
I've had my aquarium since Christmas of last year. That makes it nearly 7 months in my care but it was an already established tank for I don't know how long before I got it. So prior to Christmas 2010 I knew nothing about the saltwater hobby. Now I dose kalkwasser thru my topoff. 21mL of Alk & 18mL Cal daily.
Alk- 9.5 dKH
Cal- 450-460 ppm
Sg- 1.025
Temp- 78-80 degrees

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:00 pm

Love me some friendly smack talk :lol: