water problem.

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
Jamilw1989
Discus Member
My SetUp: Three tanks: 5 gallon used as a nursery; 10 gallon, has four small guppies and four micky mouse fish and three neons, 20 gallon, male, and female swordtail, male and female platy male guppy three baby guppies don't know what they are yet and three baby platies.

water problem.

Post by Jamilw1989 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:03 pm

The water in my 10 gallon tank looks awful. I have tried everything I can think of, water change and siphining the gravel. it looks like you are looking through a fog and it makes no since. I have put clear water in there and changed the filters. I looks nasty. any ideas? It smells weird too it smells like rotten eggs is the only way i know how to describe the smell. I test it for amonia and its clear, help.

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Re: water problem.

Post by bluwtr » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:17 pm

Rotten egg smell is never good. That is hydrogen sulfide and it is very toxic. It usually comes up when deep substrates are disturbed. I would.say get G to help you fast.

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by Gerwin » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:15 am

I have put clear water in there and changed the filters.
adding a product to clear water should always be a last resort as it often masks the real issue.

HUGE water change and fresh carbon are are always your friend in such emergencies.

Jamilw1989
Discus Member
My SetUp: Three tanks: 5 gallon used as a nursery; 10 gallon, has four small guppies and four micky mouse fish and three neons, 20 gallon, male, and female swordtail, male and female platy male guppy three baby guppies don't know what they are yet and three baby platies.

Post by Jamilw1989 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:54 pm

Gerwin wrote:
I have put clear water in there and changed the filters.
adding a product to clear water should always be a last resort as it often masks the real issue.

HUGE water change and fresh carbon are are always your friend in such emergencies.
oops. :( its cleared its self up. i need some fresh carbin. i will pick some up tomorrow when i stop in. got a whole is of stuff we have run out of and your shops the only place we can get it.

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by Gerwin » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:27 am

always good to see you

Jamilw1989
Discus Member

Post by Jamilw1989 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:32 am

Gerwin wrote:always good to see you
I will be down there some where around 1 or 2.