So upset

Saltwater Fish & Invertebrates Discussion
guitarest
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

So upset

Post by guitarest » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:12 am

I was walking around this past week in Long Beach Harbor (The Harbor Master knows me quite well already) and it was so frigging hot all week. My shrimp count was way down and after 10 maybe 15 dips with my minnow net I caught a Gulf Toad fish. I was super excited and the I realized the poor thing had a huge hook in its mouth. Between the hook which was coming out by a eye and the stress of a excited redneck who just put him in a Home Depot bucket with a battery operated air line, the poor thing passed away.

If anyone knows where I can get some cool fish and willing to help me, I would pay you since I am handicap and the past 6 months have been real tough on me. I can only go where the pavement is at or walk on wet sand but not mud. I would love to get a local puffer, a sea robin, another Gulf Toad fish except this one needs to be alive.

Any one willing to help and make some cash on the side. I have minnow nets but no casting nets and no boats. It doesn't have to be until I get back from California. I am retired Military so I can get on KAFB and the Seabee Base.

This is not him but a picture I found on the internet.

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Re: So upset

Post by bluwtr » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:29 pm

Let me see what my schedule looks like and maybe one afternoon we can go and see what we can find. I've got a four foot castnet that we could try as well.

Also--free of charge. Glad to help out.

guitarest
Discus Member

Post by guitarest » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:36 am

cool thank

Jessi84
Angel Member

Post by Jessi84 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:28 pm

I'd be glad to help to...just hooks and a minnow net here but would LOVE to join you and Wes on you're adventures. Thant's one of my favorite thigs to do...I love going at night, it's cool and very few people are there. Also it's easier to spot fish :) PM me and maybe we can all get together.