Here is another for ya Wes

Saltwater Fish & Invertebrates Discussion
guitarest
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Here is another for ya Wes

Post by guitarest » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:22 am

OK I think this guy is either a ground mullet or a speckled trout; but I have been wrong before...

Hiding in plant

Above rock

Better picture, he is maybe 1/2 inch and tail has slight point towards the middle.

Random shot of Striped Blemmy who is King of the Hill. Very much a small shrimp eater and ambush predator in the 55

Another shot with a blurred Spade fish also in picture. They are so cute at this size.....

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Re: Here is another for ya Wes

Post by bluwtr » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:25 pm

May be a speck, but too hard to tell from the pics. A lot of coloring on the sides for a speck, but I have seen them like that rarely. If you can get a better pick would help. I really don't think it's a ground mullet. What I can make out of the body form looks wrong for that.

guitarest
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: Here is another for ya Wes

Post by guitarest » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:35 pm

WES:

Thanks again, I really believe its a Speckled Trout. The caudal fin is shaped like "D" with a little more of a point towards the center. The point is away from the fish, and also to note when in rest the fish is at a 15 degree angle head down. He also has a good appetite but waits for food to get close and then attacks.

The issue with taking pictures is I have a OK digital camera (10mp) fuji although there is no manual focus and the camera continues to focus on the incorrect items... I know if I throw him in a net we could get great photos although I do not wish to stress the fish for this reason.

OK I'm out going to buy a few battery operated pumps and look at generators; just in case this storm decides to get nasty on Sunday.