back up systems

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
Jamilw1989
Discus Member
My SetUp: Three tanks: 5 gallon used as a nursery; 10 gallon, has four small guppies and four micky mouse fish and three neons, 20 gallon, male, and female swordtail, male and female platy male guppy three baby guppies don't know what they are yet and three baby platies.

back up systems

Post by Jamilw1989 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:56 pm

hey ya'll I was wondering if anyone had one of these? AirPod® Air Pump w/Battery Back-Up for up to 55 Gallon Tanks I was wondering if they run on power too? So i could use it as my main air pump but it would also click over to battery use when we loose power. just really curious.

Jamilw1989
Discus Member
My SetUp: Three tanks: 5 gallon used as a nursery; 10 gallon, has four small guppies and four micky mouse fish and three neons, 20 gallon, male, and female swordtail, male and female platy male guppy three baby guppies don't know what they are yet and three baby platies.

Re: back up systems

Post by Jamilw1989 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:28 pm

any help would be wonderful I don't want to loosre my fish if we loose power and i want something that can work for both things if i am gonna spend that much money.

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Post by bluwtr » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:33 pm

Sorry Jami, but I've never heard of them. Can you not find any info on them online?

Jamilw1989
Discus Member

Post by Jamilw1989 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:40 pm

bluwtr wrote:Sorry Jami, but I've never heard of them. Can you not find any info on them online?
I think I saw this once in Gerwin's store but i didn't give it a second thought because it was way to big for my twenty gallon. Every review I have read online on amazon says its crap but its the only one I have found that says it can run a tank that big. We live so far out if we loose power because of a hurrican it could be a week or more before we get it back easy. when the tropical storm came threw we were out for a few hours and I lost all my baby fish in my one tank because not enough air was in there. I am not honna let that happen to my breeding tank. the pump i have in my 20g is great loud but great but i wouldn't put it in a larger tank.

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Post by bluwtr » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:17 am

Gotcha. If Gerwin sells it, he can tell you all about it. Like I suggested in the PM, it's always good to have a battery operated air pump, even if it's just one of those crappy things Wal-Mart sells to aerate bait buckets. If you do lose power, I would recommend removing the top to help with off gasing and heat transport. Next I would consider floating a few small bags of ice to lower the temp so that the tank will hold more O2. The battery pump will help drive off CO2 and the cooler water will absorb more oxygen by disturbing the surface.

Here's a link showing temp vs. disolved O2. http://users.vcnet.com/rrenshaw/do.html This is total saturation, but you get the idea.

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by Gerwin » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:36 am

I have some, think they are about 69 dollars if memory serves me right

Jamilw1989
Discus Member

Post by Jamilw1989 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:58 am

Ok I will think it over although the thinking won't last long it will most likely be factored in to my savings for the tank. btw i am half way there now. now this will run on power and battery? I am looking for one that does both so I don't have to have two systems hooked to my tank.

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by Gerwin » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:44 pm

yes will do both

Jamilw1989
Discus Member

Post by Jamilw1989 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:55 pm

awesome!! you just won me over it will be on my list when i come to get the tank in dec.